Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Upside

I'm sure you've read about my past "quest for the skinny pants", the ups and the downs. Or you have seen the sidebar, responded and never heard back from me about reaching those goals. Mostly because it hasn't happened.

Just before Thanksgiving I made a new goal...lowered the bar, so to speak. That goal was to not gain anything over the holidays. If I could just maintain through the holidays, then it would be a success and I could start fresh. And thanks be to food poisoning! I did it! I got on the scale this morning for my Healthy Living Group and was at the same place I was before the dreaded holiday and vacation snacking. The best part is that it helped me to be more excited about getting back on track. Now that we are home and getting settled back in, I've been thinking about my goals for the year and what's realistic for me to accomplish. But that will be another post. Until then, I'm off to figure out a healthy lunch and dinner! (and maybe this post needs one more exclamation point!)

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

That's the right attitude! I'll let you know if I happen on any good recipes.