Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hostile Work Environment

If you got up each morning and went to work to face kicking, screaming, hitting, biting, being told that you are hated, that your "coworkers" want to make you cry and having to repeatedly clean up poop... what would you do? I would quit. Unfortunately, I'm describing my morning with Little Man and quitting isn't an option. He's out of control and I don't know what to do. I feel guilty for going to work, mostly because I relish a day without the fights and confrontation. No one yells at me. When I ask a question, people respond. When I delegate, the work gets done. I feel like a person and instead of punching bag. But then I wonder if it would be this bad if I was here everyday. I'm at a loss...

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

We used this method and it was a nightmare to start, but it really helped. 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12

All I have to do now is say "1" and G man usually cuts it out and he is almost 6. We started when he was about 2.5 years. It's rough at the start - We would go through 2 minute time outs that took 30 minutes to finish!