Saturday, June 6, 2009

Nasty. Seriously Gross.

We bought this highchair when Little Man needed one, thinking of saving space, the ease of something smaller, etc. I did not look at in terms of cleaning. BIG mistake. HUGE. It's now on baby #2. And Bug is learning to feed himself. Not only is the highchair gross, but the wooden chair underneath it is even worse. Taking the whole thing off of the chair to clean doesn't happen as often as it should. This morning I tackled this feat and it was nasty. So gross in fact that I'm ready to pack the kids in the van, drive the hour to IKEA and purchase this:
Doesn't it look so nice and CLEAN! I think $20 is worth it.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I would have thought the same thing on baby #1, but now I know better. Did they really make that booster seat pad out of MATERIAL? Are they insane? That one at IKEA looks awesome and much less bulky than mine. I'm not looking forward to an entire corner of my kitchen being filled by a high chair!

laurenthequeen said...

The cushion is fabric. It's nice to throw it in the wash, but somehow it never makes it back on the highchair. It's been at least 2 months since it's been on there... and usually only last a day or two.

Dasha said...

we bought a simple wooden high chair from IKEA. 6 years later and it looks as good as the day we bought it. you can't go wrong with that. i say definitely get the IKEA chair. oh and we have a booster on a chair and have a towel underneath to protect the chair. also it comes apart, so it can really get clean. a friend gave it to us. i wish i knew where they got it because i'd love another one.

Christy Franklin said...

the ikea ones work good. just go get one lauren!

Stacey said...

I love the concept of the high chair, but I hated how they wouldn't fit under the table so you couldn't push the chair in... drove me nuts! and did someone say IKEA?! You at least have to go "check them out" any reason is a good one to go to IKEA! Out of curiosity, is College Park the closest one?