Monday, November 2, 2009

and then I cried

We had a great "holiday" weekend. The boys looked super cute in their costumes, thanks to my fabulous sister. Without whom they would have been a monkey (third year in a row) and a dog (hand-me-down costume), because those costumes required absolutely no forethought or planning. Instead they went as the cutest Harry Potter you have ever seen and a little black cat. We spent time with family, ate lots of candy, got very little sleep and enjoyed seeing old friends again. This morning Wil and Zee packed up the car and the boys and went back to WV. They won't be back until next Tuesday. The following Monday starts my temporary single parenthood as Wil and I are living over two hours away from each other, I'm working full-time and he's tackling a 2 hour commute. I should be looking forward to my week of relief from most of the stress, only dealing with work and trying desperately to get caught up. Instead, I'm struggling to not feel like I'm getting a huge FAIL. I miss my boys already. I'm behind at work. I don't feel like I can be a good mom and be a good employee.

So I ask that you think of us in your prayers this month and I promise we will return to blogging as soon as the dust settles.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Lauren, your kids were adorable! Hang in there, it will be over before you know it... which I'm sure is the last thing you want to hear because it sure sucks in the middle of it! But seriously hang in there!

Lin said...

and then you made me cry! just stay positive! i know it's harder on your end without things to distract you...but this is a good thing and lots and lots of blessings will come! i love you, sissie!

Heidi Totten said...

Prayers being sent your way! Makes me realize how much linnie was needed by you. :)

Jen said...

You can do it!