Monday, November 30, 2009

Give Thanks

We have finally come to the end of Festival. The Gala was a success and we are hoping to head home on Saturday. I'm looking forward to life going back to "normal" and being able to settle in somewhere. So before November is over, I wanted to make sure I made my list... not the one that goes to Santa, but this one:

Things I'm Thankful for in 2009
people who are nice * our new house * my boys * trouser jeans * Wil * my job * a kind employer * family * Herbie * Kitty * having kids who are appeased by stuff animals, even when they want a real pet * thomas the tank engine* toys that don't make noise* little boys who do * Susie Q *yummy food * new recipes * my own kitchen * good friends* purple shoes * scarves * new make-up * chocolate * technology * shopping with my mom & sissie * cute blogs that come up with fun ideas so I don't have to * a sister who will finish my projects when I get in over my head * the gospel of Jesus Christ * Christmas music * my sewing machine * crafts * homemade gifts
What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm thankful for you, that's what! I got your message about the idea of what to do with our jumble of shoes. I still have it saved and I listen to it when I need to hear your voice. Is that crazy/lame. Well, it's the truth. I miss you. :)

Mimi said...

I am thankful for family and friends. That would also include my students. I am thankful that my children, their spouses and grandchildren are active church members and that I can interact with them all.

I am thankful for classes to teach and the opportunity to help others.

I am also very grateful for the chance to be an ordinance worker at the Dallas Temple.