Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Surviving the Snow

I wanted to post last week, but I was so bored with being snowed in... what more was there to post other than day after day of snow. So here are some of the finer points of the week:

* My husband took pity on me when after being stuck in the house for 4 days I came down with a monster sinus infection. He dug out the van, took the boys to Chick-fil-a and left me in a quiet house for a few hours. It was heaven (even with the pain).

* Bug turns 2 in less than two weeks. It is rare for him to throw a tantrum, to the point that when he does I automatically think he's sick. Apparently, that's a direct result of his pacifier. Weaning + snow days = fail.
* Little Man is completely consumed with Lego Star Wars. He will play it for hours on end. This means you have to sit with him while he demands you do it his way, even if this means jumping Jango Fett off a cliff a jagillion times. Lego Star Wars is now in time out.

* This was the cool view from our kitchen after the snow stopped and the sun came out for a few hours. The 40-50mph winds (which Little Man called buggy snow, because it stung so bad) created this:

No comments: