Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A breakfast treat

Sunday we were supposed to be attending Stake Conference (a meeting of multiple congregations of our church) and then driving down to my grandparents. Our plans for the day didn't leave much time for preparing meals or trying to convince the boys to eat something other than fruit snacks or cheese crackers. (Of course, as I type this they are sitting on the couch eating apples that they "snuck" from the fridge.) My plan was to make monkey bread for breakfast and then pack sandwiches for the car. Then the boys got sick and I didn't have to worry about it anymore... but after a couple days of sick, fussy boys, I needed the treat.

I had a recipe from Shannon. She said this was a fast, easy and delicious breakfast - three things I always like to hear. And you make them the night before, so there's no mess or fuss in the morning. You should try them.

Overnight Pull-Aparts
Layer 22 frozen Rhodes dinner rolls in a greased bundt or angel pan.
Mix and sprinkle the following over rolls:
1 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
a handful of chopped nuts of choice (I used sliced almonds)
Melt 1 cube butter and pour over top.

Cover with plastic wrap and leave overnight. (do not refrigerate)
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Turn upside down onto plate. Eat while hot.

When I do these again, I will cut it down a little... probably 16 rolls in the pan with a little less of the topping. Only because I had to physically remove them from the table before we ate the entire pan. So so good.

1 comment:

CORYNN AND JER said...

mmmm! I printed it out and am going to make them friday night - can't wait!