Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm feeling indecisive... or maybe a bit overwhelmed by the choices.

For the last few years, instead of a birthday gift, my mom gives us money for our birthday. She says it's easier that way and I L.O.V.E. having something I can spend on me without having to worry about which budget I'm taking it out of. But because I know it's coming sometimes I spend months dreaming of what I'm going to use my money for. This year is no different... unfortunately, my dreaming has left me with too many decisions. Now I'm having a hard time deciding how best to spend my money.

This is where you come in.
Check out my wish list below. Let me know which items you would get me for my birthday. You have $80 to spend (including any tax and shipping charges).

1. wrought iron vintage mirror - $15 (plus $10 shipping)

2. Mom's Line a Day Journal or Quotable Kids journal
3. shoes - I can not decide which one of these I like best. The flats ($30) are by far the most comfortable shoes I have ever tried on but the flip flops ($25) would be perfect right now and I'm sure would last me for years.4. I'm in love with these and these and these. Similar ideas but VERY different applications. I can't narrow it down to just one. But I do need something to hang in the entryway of our house. It would have to be at least 8x10 but bigger would be better.

5. this sign: ($54 + $12.50 shipping)

6. a half tee - perfect for layering when I don't want the seam from the bottom of the tank to show through. (2 for $26 + shipping)

Have fun shopping!

ps. this money is burning a hole in my pocket, so you have until Sunday evening to vote.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Goodie! Spending other people's money! I didn't spend all your money, because you need some extra cash to get a Jamba Juice or a Cafe Rio salad or something. My first choice would be the Go and Do poster (really, did you even need to ask?). I like to be reminded to go much more than I do to EAT. I need to be reminded to NOT EAT. :) I love the flip flops, which you can use now and then use as a quick house shoe in the winter. I'd also get that mirror. It's just too pretty to pass up!

Whatever you get, have fun spending!

Heidi Totten said...

My vote are the flip flops. I have four pairs of them in different colors and I LOVE them. I wear them daily around here. They are really comfortable and can even get soaking wet and it doesn't matter. Ideal for gardening, going to the pool, splash park, wherever!

CORYNN AND JER said...

Mirror, Mom One Line a Day Journal, Go and Do poster and half tees.

Stacey said...

Yea! Spending someone else's money! Love it! I'm sad we didn't live in the same area longer- I think we would have been great friends- I love everything you picked! I would go with the mirror, the eat sign if it wasn't so expensive!, and the shoes! Have fun shopping and happy birthday! :)

laurenthequeen said...

I just ordered the mirror! Can Not Wait to hang it on the wall.

Trish and Matt said...

I'm a practical girl ... I'd get the flip flops (have some myself and LOVE THEM) along with the half tees for sure. I didn't do the math so I'm not sure where that leaves me, but next I'd get the mirror. Lovely!

Megan said...

I'm honored you included my prints (Logophilia) in your list. Thanks for the vote of confidence; I really enjoy making 'em .

Best,

Megan