Thursday, July 22, 2010

Somehow I missed the last 4 days

Saturday morning my very first migraine hit. Unfortunately, I didn't realize what it was until I couldn't bear it anymore. No over the counter medicine I tried even touched the pain, so I spent as much time as possible with my head on a pillow, hiding from my children (cause, wow, they are REALLY loud). By Tuesday, I couldn't handle it anymore and headed to the doctor... 2 visits, a CT scan and a nasty shot later, I feel human again. Someone has taken the 100lb weight out of my head and I feel like I can function. I love modern medicine. I also love my husband and my sister, because they put me to sleep for 12 hours straight and then made sure the boys were taken care of while I was out of it.

While I was in my haze, I did discover a few things....

If you have the recipe for spaghetti pie and love it as much as we do, then you should try this. Little Man asked for thirds and said, "Wow, Mom, this is YUM!". It's quicker and easier than spaghetti pie and even has less fat (because you skip the eggs and butter). I made mine in a oven safe skillet, put the cheese on top and threw it in the oven until the cheese melted. This one is a keeper.

I had peaches from the farmers market in my fridge that needed to be used and found this recipe. It is divine. (and can you tell where I've been going for new recipes? I'm kind of hooked) I added some blueberries we had in the fridge and substituted the maple cream with some vanilla bean ice cream. I might have had the leftovers for breakfast, but it was fruit... right?

My mirror is on it's way!

My boys have alter egos:
We are very serious about saving the world.

As we were pulling out of the hospital parking lot yesterday Bug asked me, very seriously, "Mommy, you feel better now?" That boy will melt your heart.

No comments: