Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dinner with Friends

A few weeks ago, while online on conference Saturday [I think], a friend appeared in my contact list and I hopped right in there to annoy him, only to find out that he lives near us. I also found out that another friend of mine lives close by also. Both were friends of mine in SA, that I hadn't seen in years and Lauren had never met. We made plans to meet for dinner at Hellas, a Greek family restaurant that has fantastic food!

We made the drive up to find BT and his family already there and as we were getting seated, we saw Raz and his family walking up to the restaurant. Greeting and introductions were made and we sat down to catch up on each other. Raz at one point said, I was in SA in 2001 & then I realized that it had been about 7 years since we had seen each other. I was shocked, because that much time had passed, I didn't say anything . . . I just marveled.

[Side Note: I am always pleasantly surprised by friendships that transcend time and distance]

Over all, the food was good, the conversation was good, and the company was great!!! We live far enough apart to make it inconvenient to see each other often, but we are already hoping to do it again. Maybe we will have them down to the house.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We'll meet up with you anytime or anywhere. We had a great time. We'd love to come to your house or meet up site seeing somewhere. You could always come here as well. As a side note - thanks Lauren for the baby advice. The best advice always comes from other moms since they've figured a few things out.

laurenthequeen said...

And I loved the Bumbo tray! I found one at Babies R Us online. I can't wait to try it.