Monday, August 11, 2008

A few of my favorite things (for baby)

This post is for Michelle and Amber. We are somehow related to them, but I'm still not sure I understand how. Michelle is also Grandma Scheib's next door neighbor. Amber just had a baby and Grandma (Michelle) is going to be taking care of her. When we were up there this weekend, I spent a lot of time talking to Michelle and sharing some of the things I've learned having 2 kids in 2 years. So here are some of the things I might be able to live without, but really hope I don't have to.

1. Baby Center. I love this website. I don't even know how many times I've looked things up to see if I'm overreacting or how to handle anything from baby rash and teething to potty training. It's a great resource.

2. Spray and Wash Dual Power. This stuff gets poop stains out of just about anything. It's amazing.

3. Mesh Feeder Bags. Little Man was an early teether and Bug is an early eater. These have come in handy so many times. I love them!

4. Avent bottles and pacifiers. There aren't a lot of parts and pieces to them and they rarely leak.

5. Mini blankets/spit rags. A friend of mine gave me the coolest blanket when Bug was born. It looked like the green one in this picture. I've made a few more and LOVE them. They are big enough to cuddle a newborn and small enough to not get in the way. Plus they are REALLY easy to make... it's two pieces of fabric sewn together.

6. Children's Place online outlet. Great quality and seriously good deals! (Right now they have stuff marked $2.99 and UNDER.)

7. The Noisemaker (aka Conair Infant Sound Therapy with Clock Radio). We got ours at Target and love it. Little Man and Bug both sleep better with the ocean waves setting playing in the background.

That's all I can think of for now. Anybody else want to add suggestions or things that have saved your sanity?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Both of my babies loved the vibrating bouncy hammock/chair. It was a lifesaver the first few months!