Thursday, August 7, 2008

Letting Little Man Help

Yesterday, after the funeral of a friend we decided to see my paternal grandmother. The place we usually park was taken & so I pulled up to park down the street. As I maneuvered Herbie into place I cut the curb to sharply and we got a flat. I was really unhappy with this and took the kids & wife into the house. I called a few places to see if they could replace the tire. It had a hole in it that I could have put my thumb through.

I called my maternal grandmother to come and get the fam while I put the spare on & got over to Jeck's. Little Man loves to help me do any task that involves tools and he wanted to help me change the tires. I was explaining to him that it was to dangerous because the car could fall and one of us could get hurt. He stepped back up on the curb & then Herbie fell off the jack. I mean litterally the second after he was settled on the curb and I went back to work.

We were all greatful that nobody was hurt. In the end, I got the tire replaced & mounted & back home about an hour and a half later. I am thankful that Little Man listened and I am looking to putting him to work on the crib this weekend.

w.

No comments: