Friday, August 29, 2008

Do Over

When I was six months old, my mom took me to get my picture taken. The photo studio liked the picture so much that they asked to use it as a display. In return my mom got the 11x14 framed display portrait when they were done with it. This started a tradition of sorts. She couldn't have an 11x14 portrait of one baby and not the other three. These portraits have been hanging at the top of the stairs for years. Gordy and Leah carried on the tradition. When Little Man was 6 months old, I was so excited. I planned, budgeted and headed to the Picture People. I probably should have stopped when I saw that the photographer was still in high school. Maybe a more experienced photographer would have warned me about putting him in a striped outfit, which was adorable but incredibly distracting against a stark white background. Don't get me wrong, Little Man worked his magic, flirted with the girl and the pictures are cute... just not what I had hoped for.

Fast forward to Bug. He'll be six months old next week. I've since found a photo studio that I like much better and I'm excited again to take him for pictures. So how do I avoid having pictures of Bug that like but don't love? And if I do get ones I love, how do I not kick myself when they are hanging next to each other? May I please have a do over?

No comments: