Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Moment of Weakness

I realize now that this problem started about 6 months ago... you see I'm the one addicted to the pacifier. About a year ago, Little Man realized that his nunie meant bedtime and he chucked it across the room. Hard. A couple months after Bug was born he wanted it back. This is where I made the big mistake. Having anticipated that he might revert, I let him have his pacifier back. I should have been strong then. Now we're attached to that thing. Attached. Really attached. So after a very lllloooonnnnngggg night, I stopped at Stuff Mart and bought a pack of shiny new nunies. They look almost exactly like the one we threw away last night. I took it as a sign. A sign that I didn't have to suffer another 2 and half hours of crying followed by a sleepness night with Little Man's death grip on my arm. A sign that we wouldn't have to spend 4 hours on a plane without it. A sign that it was meant to be. Little Man's mommy needs that pacifier. Really she does.

2 comments:

Amy said...

This post brought tears to my eyes! Yaks depends on his binkie (as do I) and when I read that you just said goodbye like that, I felt so alone. He hasn't ever slept w/o it. E-VER. We vow every time he bites a hole in the last one that this is the last pack we're buying. When we tell him this, he says, "No, you jus buy thum more at Woahmart." He's right. We will. I need help.

Unknown said...

As long as he doesn't end up like one of my students who said she had a pacifier until she was NINE and had to have a bedtime bottle thru junior high!!!! Now she's addicted to chewing gum and ice. The girl has problems...