Monday, September 1, 2008

I [heart] Weight Watchers....

... but it doesn't [heart] me.

Since Wil has been out of work I've gained 11 pounds total, but I've also lost 5. Zi pointed out that I've just maintained a 5 pound range. That didn't really make me feel better. My jeans are tight again and I feel gross. Even so, I'm not motivated. AT. ALL. Ice cream? Bring it on. Cookies? More please. It's ugly. And to make matters worse, Bug has stopped nursing. In WW lingo that means I've lost 10 points a day. TEN. Almost a third of my allowed points for a day. That's a lot... basically all of my treats. Which means that on top of not feeling motivated, the quest for the skinny pants just got a LOT harder.

This is where I'm hoping that you'll pitch in. I'm stealing Heidi's idea and asking my friends and family to give me something to work toward. I have 12 pounds to go to hit my Weight Watchers short term goal and another 13 to reach my personal goal. That's 25 total. So pick a number and come up with something fun. It doesn't have to be expensive or difficult, I just need goals to inspire me to pass up having seconds.

Who's in?

8 comments:

Mimi said...

How about each 5 lbs lost you get to have a movie night. Maybe a new or favorite chick flick. Take zi or some friends and allow Wil to have a guys night at home with the boys.

Don't forget new clothes when the goal is reached! It did not work for me but I used to buy patterns and fabric to make new clothes when I reached a goal. But my lothe of sewing got in the way. Maybe if you buy something to get into?

Heidi Totten said...

Ha ha - my idea only works if I don't get sick for three weeks and have a charter school start! :) I'll pick 11 (of course) and I have to think about what to do.

Amy said...

Five Pounds - A mix CD of our favorite "be crazy" dance/work songs.

Lin said...

i'm going to grab 25 since i am here and can sufficiently spoil you when it happens. it will be glorious.

Kristyn said...

I just dropped off my paperwork for the weight loss challenge! Sunday is the first meeting, so I'm in it with you! I loved all those extra points when I was on WW. In fact, most days I was eating just to eat my extra points. Then it all changed when the nursing stopped! I am planning on buying a couple new outfits at the end of the 11 weeks. I wore the same pair of jeans all last Winter and I am soooooo sick of them.

Kristyn said...

Given your love of books - How about a $15 gift card for 15 pounds (:

Unknown said...

We take pound 20 and it's going to involve something from Bath and Body Works or The Body Shop. Any favorite scents or something you've been wanting to try? You've got 20 bucks to spend for 20 pounds! It will either be a gift card (if we're still living in Utah) or the actual goods (if we're back in Maryland). Good luck with your goal!!

I'm also going to periodically provide you with fun nutrition tidbids. So for today you get "Fruits and Veggies - More Matters!" http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/ This program replaced the 5-A-Day program. Go explore the site and maybe pick out a new fruit or veggie to try at home.

Trish and Matt said...

I'll take 10. When you reach 10, I'll send you a batch of my favorite healthy recipes.