Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Kitchen/Dining Room



These bowls and dish towels from Crate and Barrel make me feel a little better about my direction for the kitchen and dining room, but I'm not sure I'm there yet. There are things that we would like to replace eventually, but eventually could still be years away. The stuff we have now is still functional and in pretty good condition (minus our dining room chairs, which kinda scare me).


Our table is a yard sale purchase made by my parents a few years ago. It's an Ethan Allen piece and is really well built. Zee and I have been talking about sanding the top and painting it black. Our dishes look like this:





I've been thinking about painting at least one of the walls in that area a terra cotta color. (This is why I'm worried I'm going overboard on the orange.) Also, I have a HUGE print of the play "Merchant of Venice" framed that I could hang in the dining room. BUT I'm having a hard time seeing this room pull together - mostly because I'm afraid it's turning too country/tuscan for the rest of the house.
I'm not sure how this one is going to turn out... any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

2 comments:

Gretchen and Erick said...

Tuscan is ALWAYS a good choice - especially for a dining/kitchen area. I like the dishes you have picked out - I think they will be fabulous.

Kristyn said...

When is the big move????