Friday, July 31, 2009

The House is Ours!

Well, today was a bit stressful we had an 11AM settlement time that changed to 3PM, then 1PM, and then 2PM! I was really stressed out about the changing times and then we didn't know what our closing costs would be. We were provided with a good faith estimate and then our costs ended up being 1/2 of what we expected!!

We then unloaded the trailer, got dinner, picked up some things from Wal-Mart (like a 6' ladder), and headed back to OUR house for dinner and preparation for my trip to the apartment with the boys. Yes, I have the boys for 2 days . . . okay, sit down please, I don't want youse to hurt yourself. I am nervous because I have a short temper and sometimes the Monkey is able to get that match close to the powder.

Needless to say that our only excitement on the way home was finding a bank to make a deposit. It took longer than I expected, but we found it & hit the road. The boys got a double feature tonight on the trip back to our old apartment. I am excited. a 1.5 hour commute [1 way] will turn into a 5 to 10 minute commute!!! I am looking forward to this happening. I think that Lauren is even more excited about it than I am, she has a house & it will have a fenced in back yard [by Spring] and a deck [later on].

So, we open another chapter in our lives and move forward again with vigor and anticipation for the future.

w.

p.s. I will post new pics on in the usual places when the painting is done.

3 comments:

Dasha said...

A big Congrats to you guys! That is so exciting, and I'm so happy for you.

Heidi Totten said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to come visit...someday!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Wil and Lauren, I am so happy for you guys! Life will be so much easier without that 3 hours of commuting. More time for family, friends, working on the new house, callings, and maybe you can even squeeze in some extra sleep and leisure time! Love you guys!