Friday, May 23, 2008

Naptime Wars: Little Man plays dirty

DISCLAIMER: This post is NOT for the faint of heart or those who might have queasy stomachs. You have been warned.

You might remember this post from a couple weeks ago and of course the saga of the Naptime Wars. Well today there was another twist. First to bring you up to date....

In an effort to reinstate the nap, we have installed "light-filtering" blinds. It has helped to cut down on the bright afternoon sunlight in Little Man's room. In retaliation, Little Man has learned to empty one of his toy bins, set it on the floor by the door and turn on all the lights. Most days I'm just happy with a couple hours of him playing quietly in his room. When it gets REALLY quiet, that usually means he has fallen asleep and I say a prayer of thanksgiving.

Today that was not the case... It got REALLY quiet and I was happily expecting a long nap. Until I heard the pounding on the door and wailing coming from the other side. I opened the door to find Little Man holding this:
I was speechless. I didn't know what to say or how to react, other than being so totally disgusted that I wanted to hurl or cry... or both. Upon further inspection of his room I found this:


Little Man went directly into the tub and I spent half an hour cleaning up the poop. Lots of poop. Everywhere. The pacifier went into the trash because I wasn't even going to try. I was unbelievably grateful for hard wood floors and disinfectant wipes. As for the rest of the weekend... Wil gets the stinky diapers.

3 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

When you were here last November I sensed that there was an artistic side to Little Man. I guess I was right about that. When I stop laughing hysterically I promise to sympathize. This is absolutely FABULOUS blackmail for later.

Heidi Totten said...

P.S. I have a friend that has twin girls and they did it together one day. Their bedroom walls were completely covered, they were covered, their cribs were covered - the pictures were insane.

Moral of the story - you don't want twins!

Amy said...

I can't say this has happened to us...YET. Man oh man. I'm glad for you too that you have wood floors and that binkies are replaceable. The title of this post is classic!