Monday, February 2, 2009

Little Man turns 3!

Little Man's 3rd birthday was actually on January 6th, but since we were on vacation he got to celebrate it for a few weeks. His first "party" was at Mimi and Papa's house in Texas. He had a fire truck cake and threw a fit as everyone was singing Happy Birthday. I don't even have a picture of him blowing out candles, just this one of him stealing the wheels off of the fire engine...
When we got back to Maryland, we had a family party for our 3 January birthdays (my mom, Wil and Little Man). He asked for an ice cream cake with a face on it... his face, to be specific. Grandad stopped at Friendly's and they did their best smiley face. Little Man loved it!
He also had fun opening his presents with his cousins. K made him a homemade card with lots of "kickers" on it.

I can't believe he's getting so big. I'm constantly amazed at the things he picks up (both good and bad) and how well he talks. At 3 he LOVES Thomas the Tank Engine, Cars and matchbox vehicles. His animals speak spanish (thank you Dora and Diego). He is stubborn and can melt your heart with a "Mommy, I wuv you! You my best fwend." He gets easily frustrated when he can't do something, which then results in a "Oh, man!" or "Son of a gun!", followed by a loud sigh. He's is very independent and often tries to get his own food, drinks or anything off of the kitchen counter. He loves to "help" me in the kitchen and on the computer. He loves hot dogs, nuggets and pizza, but will also eat just about any veggie I give him if there's ranch for dipping. Coloring will keep him occupied longer than I usually think it will. He loves his blankie and his "friends" (the stuffed animals in his bed). He thinks all dogs are named Trooper. And won't give up his pacifier for anything. He likes to read books and will watch Dora and Diego for hours on end. He loves his cousins. He happily goes to Music Makers, Joy School and nursery. He holds hands with Jenna and gives Nea kisses. He's gonna be a handful!

I sure do love my Little Man!

3 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

Happy belated birthday, Little Man!!!

Amy said...

Oh, what fun parties! I love the cake with his face on it. That's awesome. Ice cream cakes are the best. I have to remember those - they are YUMMY! I've missed you!

Kristyn said...

Happy B-day Cutie!