Saturday, February 7, 2009

the date with the unfortunate ending

Every year the Young Women of our ward host a Valentine's fundraiser for Girl's Camp. They do a small dinner theater type program which also includes babysitting. It's much nicer than your normal ward dinner and our girls have a good deal of talent, so the show isn't bad either. I also like that I don't have to worry about anything besides getting there. The girls are great with my little ones and they even feed the kids so I don't have to worry about it.

So tonight I got dressed up and ready for a dinner with my husband (my parents and my sissie too - that's what happens when you're all in the same ward. it's a good thing we like each other.) But Little Man woke up from his nap complaining that it "hurt everywhere" and he didn't feel good. It was pretty obvious from his fussiness and lack of energy. We offered to let him stay home, but he didn't want to. So off we went.

We dropped the kids off in the nursery. Bug was ready to play! He wanted nothing to do with me once he saw the toys and other kids. Little Man was happy to stay at first but was back on my lap within minutes. We spent dinner taking turns holding him and eating until he finally said, "I want to go home right now!" Zee went to get Bug and we started down the hall to the car. Little Man stopped to get his coat and give his friend, "Em-a-nee", a hug. Unfortunately it was just enough pressure on his tummy to eject everything. Little Man, the hallway carpet and poor Emily were all covered. Luckily, with the whole family there and the amazing clean up kits that the church keeps on hand, we were able to things cleaned up quickly and with little evidence of what had happened.

Now you might recall that the last time I tried to get dressed up to go out with my husband the evening resulted in puking as well. Maybe this is a hint. A huge cosmic hint that I'm not allowed to go out to a nice dinner with my husband.

Last of all, I'm apologizing now to the mothers of any children who came in contact with my kids tonight. I'm sorry... I really was that clueless.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Maybe it is more like you have to fight harder for what is important. We know who does not want us to strengthen our relationships. Keep trying. I will help by increasing my prayers for you.

Love you

Anonymous said...

It's just the time of year. Plan a fancy dinner date for the Spring, Summer or Fall. Oh, and make Wil dance with you.