Saturday, February 14, 2009

Be Mine

My husband isn't a big fan of crowds. In fact, he hates them and will do everything possible to avoid large groups of people. So in the last few years our Valentine's Day celebrations have been simple and a bit different. Last year he did a great job and today has been no different, although once again germs have tried to interfere.

Our plan this morning was to sleep in, a relative term once you have kids, and go to breakfast. Grandma was a huge help, inviting Little Man to spend the night last night. I got out of bed at 7:15 am, having slept without interruption through the night. (It's amazing how thankful you become for uninterrupted sleep.) I even got to shower without interruption, which helped me feel human again after being attacked by the germs this week. Grandma took the boys to crash the Primary Activity over at church and we headed to Panera for breakfast. It was oh so yummy!!! I had a spinach artichoke souffle and a hot chocolate. Wil had a breakfast sandwich and then we got some bagels to bring home. Afterward we stopped at Nick's, a local butcher shop with great sales and amazing meat, the grocery store and a trip to the doctor's office & pharmacy. My Valentine's present included a z-pack, which I am very happy to have. Our plan for tonight is pretty simple... we are staying home with the boys and Zee. Of course that doesn't mean dinner can't be special. I'm super excited to cook tonight after watching an episode of Rescue Chef in my cold medicine induced haze. His food made my mouth water, Nick's sales made it fit in our budget and hopefully I can pull it off without a hitch.

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

Have a Happy V-day and I hope dinner was yummy! XOXO