Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's my mother's fault

I do this every time. Every single time. I don't know why I haven't learned yet, but knowing both my mother and grandmother, I know that the cards are stacked against me.

Tomorrow evening is book club. AT MY HOUSE.

This may not seem like a big deal, but we haven't even lived here for two months. There are still boxes in my dining room and this weekend we bought a couch. The new purchases inspired a room makeover and more unpacking. All of these things are very welcome and important things. (We have to have someplace for the Book Club ladies to sit. Two chairs just wasn't going to cut it.)

So it's almost 10pm. I'm trying to find the desk under the pile of junk that has yet to find a home and I'm feeling overwhelmed. I'm trying hard to be a little different in our new house. Not the frantic lady, who's rushing to clean her house 30 minutes before people get here... I'd like to be the lady whose house looks nice enough that people could just drop by and I wouldn't be worried. Also, I would like it even more if my son wouldn't ask, "Who's coming to our house?" whenever I mention cleaning. That can't be a good sign.

I better go finish the book...

3 comments:

Mimi said...

It is in the nature of women. Just grin and bear it.LOL

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

i really don't think that woman exists...the one whose house is always clean enough for visitors. if i clean up really well before maren goes to sleep, she inevitably wakes up 30 minutes later and screams....like she knows she must be missing something fun because the house got cleaned up for visitors. she's right.

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

also, we have karlstad couches too, and i'm pretty sure i'll keep buying them when i'm a millionaire....they're SO COMFORTABLE.