Friday, October 5, 2007

Daisies are Dandy


I wanted to add my 2 cents to Lin's TV blogs. Wednesday night we were waiting for Bionic Woman to start and ended up watching the premier of Pushing Daisies on ABC. Now, I have to say that I rarely watch anything on ABC after 8pm because I find it way too trashy for me... I'm more of a solve a mystery/ save the world kinda gal. Daisies fell into that category in a very unique way. The main character is Ned, the Pie Maker. He owns a restaurant called the Pie Hole and when he touches something dead, it comes back to life. If he touches it a second time then it dies for good. His childhood sweetheart is murdered, he touches her to find out who did it, but can't touch her a second time. Now she's alive and the stories begin... Sounds odd and it is, but not in a creepy way. All the sets are really colorful and quirky. The narrator plays a huge role and it's the guy that does the Harry Potter books on cd, so it's a FABULOUS voice. Wil said it had a Lemony Snicket sort of feel to it... I would add that there seem to be more happy endings than in a Lemony Snicket book. If you're flipping on a Wednesday, check it out and let me know what you think.

And the Bionic Woman... I miss the cheesy sound effects from the early 80's. The first episode was a bit dark for me, the second was definitely better. It didn't pull me in like Heroes or make me smile like Daisies, but I'm not ready to give up on it yet. Once we have the Tivo back, that may change.

No comments: