Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Treats!

I've been wanting to experiment with a new recipe that I came up with a couple weeks ago, but haven't had the energy. Wil convinced me that today was the day to try it out. I have to say that I'm REALLY glad he did. It was easy and will make a great addition to our Christmas treats. Here it is:

Lemon Blueberry Bark
1 pack dark chocolate - the kind you melt for candies
1/2 pack chocolate chips (I suggest semi sweet)
zest of one lemon
1 1/2 cups of dried blueberries
1/3 cup of almonds, toasted

Melt chocolate in the microwave in one minute intervals until completely melted. Add blueberries, almonds and zest. Spread onto wax or freezer paper and let cool. Break into bite size pieces.

I found a bulk bag of dried blueberries at Costco, but you could also do craisins, orange zest and almonds.

1 comment:

Heidi Totten said...

Sounds weird so I think you need to send me some so I can try it. :P