Friday, December 7, 2007

Where are you Christmas?

This Faith Hill song from the Grinch movie is on my Christmas music mix cd in the car and I find myself relating to it too well this year. There are so many things that could be influencing my inability to find the holiday spirit... Little Man's hives, my stomach flu, moving next weekend, not knowing for sure where we are moving to. But all the stress aside, I just can't seem to feel Christmas this year. My attempts to decorate, craft, serve or bake aren't going well and I'm not sure what else to do.

This did lead to one good thing this week though... We actually made an attempt at FHE. There wasn't really a lesson or spiritual thought, but there was time and planning involved. We took Little Man to see the neighborhood lights in Chesapeake Beach. He loved seeing all of the different lighting displays that they had, especially Santa going fishing. This one has stuck in his head so well that now all Christmas lights are "fuf" or rather, his version of "fish".

No comments: