Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"Selfish" Pleasures

My friend, Dari, had double knee replacement surgery on Monday at Fairfax hospital. When I first found out, I was most worried about her having to be in the hospital for Christmas. But she has been in a lot of pain and her only other option was waiting until March, so the timing was a huge blessing. I'm also good friends with her daughter, Rachel. Mom and I wanted to make sure she wasn't trying to make the drive to NoVa by herself after work each evening - it can be such a long icky drive. We set out to plan a way that we could help Rachel and visit Dari. In the midst of our planning it dawned on us that Fairfax Hospital is about a mile away from Sweetwater Tavern... aussie rolls, drunken ribeye, roast chicken salad, flourless chocolate waffle, all of our FAVORITES! So I'm getting ready to head out the door to meet Rachel, pick up Mom and head over to see one of my favorite people and one of the best places to eat in the DC area. It's a good day!

2 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

Perfect timing for your appetite to return! :) So great of you to do this for a friend. I can't imagine how awful it would be to have to spend Christmas at the hospital.

Amy said...

So jealous...I hope you enjoyed the delicious food! Hope your pal is feeling better soon.