Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Definition of Insanity

Somewhere I once heard the saying that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. I hate this saying. And yes, I know that hate is a strong word, but I really do HATE it. Why? Because I feel like it describes my life right now.

On Thursday mornings there is an enrichment activity at my house for an hour. During the month of October I have Joy School here on Tuesday mornings as well. I'm struggling right now to get the house clean enough that I'm not embarrassed to have people here. I only have two kids and I can't keep up. It doesn't seem like having it clean for 1 hour a week should be such an insurmountable task. Unfortunately, the harder I try to get the clutter and laundry under control, the bigger the mess gets.

To top it all off my dad and brother asked if they could come take pictures of the apartment for advertising. ADVERTISING! That means spotless. I asked if that meant they were going to clean it, they both laughed. I wasn't joking.

2 comments:

Dasha said...

Ditto...LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!

Amy said...

Ugh, I don't have the solution, but I feel the exact same way! If I wipe down the same counter one more time, I think I'm going to lose it. My only solution is to clean the house when the kids are in bed for the night, and then depart first thing in the morning, only coming back when it's naptime! Try it. You may like it. :)