Friday, October 3, 2008

Wow

I don't even know where to start. I've been thinking all day about what a post this would make and I just don't know how to convey the craziness.

Bug has been a pretty healthy baby, but when he gets sick he tends to get really sick. Remember this and there was the reflux. He's been doing great for the last few months. He rarely needs his belly meds. He sleeps well and is a happy boy. I've noticed the last couple days that he's been pulling at his ears, he's fussy and super clingy. Then the diarrhea started, along with a nasty diaper rash. I can't keep him dry long enough for his little bum to heal. Add to that a long night and this morning I should have been at my limit.

But I wasn't. Here's how it happened...

Bug finally settled down around midnight last night and then woke up again around 5am. We both fell back asleep at some point until Little Man crawled in bed at 6:15ish. I put Bug in his pack and play and cuddled Little Man. Little Man actually fell back asleep! I couldn't believe it. I crossed my fingers and headed for the shower. They slept until 8:30 am. A feat unheard of in the Becker household. I showered in peace and quiet, got ready (with makeup even), had breakfast, checked email and Google Reader, talked to my mom, figured out dr's appointments and babysitting.

It was amazing and prepared me for the psycho day that followed. Between 10 and 2, I took Little Man to Music Makers. Dropped him off with Grandpa. Took Bug to the doctors. Double ear infection, contagious diarrhea. Picked up Little Man. Stopped at Taco Bell for a "beet-o". Drove to the pharmacy to pick up antibiotics. Waited. Went back to the doctors office for Bug's shot. Came home and am so ready to go out to dinner with my husband.

Thank you, Zee, for being willing to watch my kids after a day like this. I know it won't be an easy night. I promise to bring you home something yummy.

No comments: