Friday, October 24, 2008

Random Thoughts from a Sleep Deprived Mom

1. My children are conspiring against me so that I will never again get a full night's sleep or even a good 6 hours.
2. I used to take a good night's sleep for granted.
3. Dora's ginormous head is creepy.
4. I miss my sissie. She would whisk my boys a away while I took a nap.
5. I need to learn the spanish word for rescue so when the Diego song gets stuck in my head at 2:30 in the morning I will at least understand what those words are. "To the rescue my friends!"
6. I hate poop.
7. I'm a little bit ashamed of how much TV my children have watched lately.
8. Also, when did my son become obsessed with Doe-ra and Diego?
9. m&m's taste even better at 9:30 in the morning.
10. Dinner last night was yummy. I made these pork chops. Super easy! Except next time I would sear them and not cook them covered for quite so long.
11. We're going to a bonfire next weekend and I've already started to think about what I'm going to wear and how to dress the boys (especially Bug) warmly.
12. The laundry is taking over my house.
13. I think I gave my sissie my best (and only) hoodie. A fact I realized in a sleepy haze this morning when I went to put it on. I hope it's keeping her warm.
14. That was all I could think of and I'm only adding this one because it will bother Zee if there's an uneven number of random thoughts.

3 comments:

Lin said...

last time I saw your hoodie it was in your apartment i think. i know it isn't here with me, so some searching might be in order. i haven't worn it in a while.

i would whisk your boys away so you could nap. one of my favorite pastimes.

i miss you and your boys. sleepy, grumpy, sneezy - always, no matter what stage of dwarfness you are in.

thanks for the even numbers, it did make me happy.

it's really bugging me that i can't remember where your hoodie is. it's got to be at the house. hmmm. are you sure you haven't seen it? i am 95% sure it isn't in my wardrobe or in any of my boxes. ugh. that's gonna bug me now.

i love you. hug kiss.

Kristyn said...

Don't forget hats and gloves for the bonfire!

Heidi Totten said...

First off - eliminate any and all guilt about tv watching. My kids can't count to 10 in Spanish because of tv watching. That's good enough for me. The people that tell you that your kids shouldn't watch tv, either don't have kids that aren't in school yet, or they don't remember what it was like to have them.

Second off - I don't see how you took a good night's sleep for granted knowing I was going to steamroll you every morning. That should have sufficiently prepared you for Monkey and Bug. :P

Third off - I'm adding third off so that it will bug Lindsey because it's an uneven number of random thoughts.