Thursday, November 29, 2007

Lime in the Coconut

We've been back from our trip to Utah for almost three weeks now and in that time our Little Man has been suffering from all kinds of ailments. It started in Utah when he caught my cold. That cold turned into an infection. The same day we started antibiotics his tummy reacted to something he ate and ended up with diarrhea. We stopped the antibiotics for a couple days as we got the nasty diapers under control and went back on the antibiotics without any other repercussions. Yesterday was his follow up appointment with the doctor and all was well... so he got his second flu shot. He was a trooper and did a great job. Then last night after he and Wil had been wrestling, I noticed welts on his cheek, arm and neck. We put him to bed, a little worried about what they were and what could have caused them, but when we checked on him an hour or so later... the welts were gone. This morning after giving Little Man a bath, I noticed the welts again, on his left wrist. By lunchtime they had disappeared and popped up on his right arm and left cheek. So after some babycenter research, I think they are hives. What he's reacting to, I have NO IDEA. As far as I know he hasn't had any new foods, soaps, lotions, etc. I have started him on Benedryl and hope that will do the trick. But, seriously, someone needs to cut Little Man and his mama a break. I want my good natured little boy back.

ps. the title of this post is for Susie. She taught Little Man the lime in the coconut song. She'll sing the chorus ("I called the doctor and said,...") and he chimes in with a nice loud "Doctor!" and waits for her to finish. Super cute!

No comments: