Thursday, January 3, 2008

A few of my favorite things

I know I need to blog about our holidays. I've been waiting until I could add the pictures, but since we still haven't located our camera it looks like it's going to take me a bit to get them downloaded.

In the meantime, I was so excited today to use 2 of my Christmas presents. I couldn't wait to tell you about it. My mom and sister seriously surprised me with the ice cream maker attachment to my KitchenAid mixer and the Ben & Jerry's cookbook! The surprise might now seem like a big deal, but the three of us do the bulk of our Christmas shopping together and usually know a lot of our presents. But they really got me this year. So today we had some strawberries that needed to be used and I was craving something sweet. Out came the mixer, ice cream maker and cookbook... and it was a serious success! Once you have the bowl frozen, it's super easy to do. Little Man and Uncle Matt helped put it together. Little Man chopped strawberries with his IKEA knife. (I think they all ended up getting eaten) and poked the egg yolks. Uncle Matt helped ensure the bowl of cream didn't end up on the floor while Little Man was helping.

Now I'm just waiting for Little Man to go to bed so I can have a nice bowl of homemade ice cream. Yum!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I had no idea my Kitchenaide was capable of making ice cream. Sounds delicious, and the fact that it was a surprise makes all the more SWEET!

Oh, I put our family picture in the cute snowflake frame you helped me make! It's sitting on an endtable in the front room! :)