Saturday, January 12, 2008

Grandmother


I love her and she's CRAZY!

For the last 2 years she has been determined to take us to her "favorite" restaurant, Hickory Bridge Farm. I enjoy going out to dinner with my grandparents and we try to do so as often as we can. But we have quickly learned that you have to be VERY careful in what you agree to. Gram and Grandad tend to leave out pertinent details about the restaurants they want to go to, things like it's TWO HOURS AWAY!

So this afternoon, my parents have agreed to watch Little Man while we spend 6 hours roundtrip in the car with my grandparents. I think Mom & Dad were happy to agree to babysitting because it got them out of going to dinner. Somehow though Zizi wasn't so fortunate, she'll be making the trip with us. At least it will give me some extra nap time.

2 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

My in-laws did that to us a few years ago. We had to drive 3 hours round trip to have steak at Maddox Steak House. I told Dave we passed 8 steak houses on the way and the steak at Maddox wasn't all that. Gotta love it!

P.S. I would drive 7 hours to Vegas for dinner at Maggiano's and maybe someday I'll pull this on my grandkids.

P.P.S. I bet you can't wait to be this eccentric. :)

Amy said...

What a pretty picture of Grandmother! What are they doing there - it looks fancy -? It will be something you won't regret doing. I've learned how quickly our grandparents can pass on, and all we've got left are memories like these! You're a champ. I hope it's fun and yummy. :)