Thursday, January 17, 2008

Little Man's Baby

When Little Man started noticing babies and we were thinking about having another, I decided to get him a babydoll. It's a BOY babydoll... all blue. Little Man has gone through different phases of interest in his baby. First he only liked the pacifier, I would have to put it in the baby's mouth so he could pull it out. Then, while we were in Utah, he made a friend and a few days after our return the babydoll had a name.
Since moving back in with my parents, we've started singing a song after family prayers. It seems to help calm Little Man down. Tonight after I was done, he started to hum a song for me. He ended it with his "big finish", a "yeah" at the end of the song. (The big finish is usually accompanied by putting his hands in the air and giving a big cheesy grin, just like Zizi taught him.) Then he started his next song. It went something like this (imagine any random tune), "Baby B, Baby B, Baby B, Baby B, Baby B. Vrooom Vroom B, Vroom vroom B...." You get the idea. It was of course, totally cute and I'm wondering if we need to pick a new name for our baby... one that Little Man obviously knows and loves.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Awe, how cute! I can't object to the name choice, but I'm a bit biased. I love it. Boo had a baby before Yaks was born, too, and she called it Isaac(which is also my brother-in-law's name). I tossed it around for a while, but just wasn't in love w/ it. It's your choice of course. I like all of the names in the mix you've chosen.

Lin said...

i love you and i love monkey, but there is no way you can change his name now. nicknames can have nothing to do with real names, you know.

also - i'm glad he is so eager to learn what i have to teach him. you know it makes him ten times cuter.

Lindsey said...

also - i love those pictures of him and yaks. what good buddies they are. :)