Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Getting a complex

Zizi and I headed to Prince Frederick together this afternoon to run some errands. During the three hours we were out and about, the following comments were heard from complete strangers:

* Wow, she's good and pregnant!
* Are you sure you still have 6 weeks?
* Is it twins?

I know I feel huge right now. J 2.0 feels like a big baby already. He loves to sit up high and will then suddenly stretch, hitting my sciatic nerve or settling in my hip socket. At my last check up the doctor even asked if I was able to sleep, because she had to "chase" him with the monitor to get a heart beat. But even with all of that, having random strangers comment on the size of my belly is a bit unnerving.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Well, that's just rude! It would have been so much nicer had someone just said, "What can I do to make you feel more comfortable?" I'm sure you are feeling very uncomfy and READY to deliver. These are the days when I just started sleeping on the couch, because the pressure on my back was just too much. Would they maybe take the baby early if he's big enough? When is your due date again? Will you please remind me?

laurenthequeen said...

The baby is due March 6th. We should find out next week if we are scheduled for February 28th or March 3rd for the C-section. So the doc is already planning on taking him a week early.

I'm really not feeling that bad... tired and slow. But overall things aren't bad, I guess that's why it surprises me when people comment.

Trish and Matt said...

It's so hard to meet everyone's expectations of pregnancy. Either you're too big, too small, eating too much, not eating enough, doing too much, not doing enough ... this is part of the reason I waited five months to tell friends and family I was pregnant with Little Blue. That meant I only had to endure the comments for five months instead of nine! But it sure was hard keeping the secret. Living in Europe certainly helped!