Monday, June 30, 2008

People who say they sleep like a baby don't have one

Thursday night/Friday morning: Went to bed at midnight after trying to get Little Man's fever below 102. He crawled in bed with us at 4:30am. Bug woke up at 5:30 to eat. A queen size bed is not big enough for 4 people.

Friday night/Saturday morning: In bed at 10:30. Little Man's fever spiked again, but not as high. He gets in bed with us at 3:30am. Bug wakes up to eat at some point. Move from bed to couch around 5:30am because Little Man is showing NO signs of going back to sleep.

Saturday night/Sunday morning: Got home late from a FABULOUS girl's night out for my birthday and didn't get to bed until midnight again. Little Man's fever is gone! Hoping for sleep until 1:47am when my stomach stages a revolt. Up again at 4 something. Bug wants to eat at 5:30am. Little Man is up at 6:30am.

Last night/this morning: In bed at 11 completely exhausted. Little Man is standing next to my bed at 2:11am. Convince him to go back to his bed and Wil tucks him in. Bug wakes up at 3:30am. He won't latch on and eat, is fidgeting and hungry. Finally calms down an hour later when Wil has given him a blessing, baby tylenol and we've resorted to a bottle.

I'm so freaking tired. There's no patience left and I'm having a hard time completing sentences. Luckily there were good things going on during the day and breaks from the boys. I hope Bug isn't getting Little Man's virus. I don't know if I can handle 3 more days like this.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Groan, sick toddlers and sick babies! When Boo gets sick with something, I seriously almost convince myself to lock her in a small closet with Yaks so that we can speed along the "getting sick/getting well" process. It's inevitable when they are sharing cups, forks, breathing air, kisses, hugs, etc. I hope everyone is well soon and that you get some sleep. Perhaps it could be your birthday wish?