Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And what is it that you do?

I've posted a couple times about starting my "new" job, but mostly it's been about how the boys and I are adjusting to the change. I haven't really gone into detail about what I'm doing, I thought I should fill in the blanks.

Calvert Hospice (my former employer) hired me on a part time temporary basis to plan their next major fundraiser. They are a small non-profit that serves the county we live in and my goal is to raise some money while cutting our costs from last year. If all goes well, it may turn into a more permanent part time position... we shall see. In the meantime, when I'm not with my kids I'm working on this:
Robbie Miles was a young man who passed away from a debilitating and uncontrolled seizure disorder in 2000. His family started this 5K event in his memory and this will be the 9th Annual Robbie Miles Family Run & Walk. All proceeds go directly to the building of the Burnett-Calvert Hospice House. Having worked with Calvert Hospice off and on for the last 4 years, both as an employee and a volunteer, I can tell you that your donations are not taken lightly and are used responsibly. If you are a runner or walker and are in the DC Metro area, we would love to see you! It's a family friendly event, kids and pets are welcome to join in. For more information or to register, click here.

As an added incentive to our friends and family, if you are coming from an hour or more away we may be swayed into having some sort of get together at our place after. More on that to come.

No comments: