Thursday, March 5, 2009

In over my head

Before I started work, I decided to have a small birthday party for Bug. Maybe not the smartest plan. This is my to do list that has to be done before noon on Saturday:

Send email with time change
Put away groceries
Finish Marching cd for Music Makers
Pick up Wil from work in DC
Dinner at Shana's
Get TV out of living room
Attached vinyl letters to window/door
Put away Christmas/snowmen
Bins out of living room
Clean kitchen (clean off cupboards)
Clean bathroom & wash rugs
Sweep boys bedroom & make beds
Sweep and mop kitchen and living room
Laundry – load in dryer folded, darks washed & folded, clothes put away
Make and decorate cupcakes
Make food – veggie pinwheels, finger sandwiches, ranch dip
Bread out of garage freezer
Get out 3 tier server
Decorate for party

The upside - I don't have to cook tomorrow because Shana is making us a fabulous meal... plus time with good friends is always good. The downside - time is NOT on my side. Between Music Makers, driving into town and dinner, I only have about 2 hours tomorrow to get something accomplished. What was I thinking?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were thinking of your child and giving him the bestest birthday ever. The house doesn't have to be spotless or even near it. Who is going to have time to nitpick about a speck of dust when you have wild kids running around? Take a deep breath, and do what will make Bug happiest.

Sorry, men listen and try to solve. Women just want to commiserate, right? If so, I feel for ya. Busy weekend here too. Getting the kids rooms clean enough for guests, well, it'll never happen. Thankfully, I know our guests will understand ;)

Amy said...

Oh gosh, this makes me hyperventilate! Say hi to Shana for me. Remember to charge your camera battery! I always tell people that because I totally missed Boo's first birthday due to my forgetfulness.