Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Our week in a nutshell (aka Why you haven't heard from us in a week)

  • cutting Bug's hair not only made him look older, but somehow taught him how to throw a temper tantrum.
  • a fever, trip to the doctors and another prescription for antibiotics....
  • double ear infections, also adding to the above temper tantrums
  • Little Man yelling at me, "Mommy, I'm going to make you CRY!", in the midst of an all out I will not do what you say battle of the wills, which also included hitting, kicking, biting and hair pulling - most of which was on his part.
  • lots of chocolate
  • I got my first sponsor for the race!!!!
  • A lot of one-on-one time with Little Man has decreased the number of huge fits. It also means my house looks like something exploded inside. One of these days I won't be bothered by it anymore.
  • Bug gives the sweetest kisses. Be careful though, sometimes they are open mouthed and slobbery.
  • Wil and I have made some good decisions about what we need to do to be more financially stable... this means no vacation this year. Although I was the one to initiate the conversation, I'm still mourning the loss of that week on the beach.
  • going to the park in the rain because I couldn't handle keeping Little Man in the house for another day.

My fingers are crossed that this week is better!

3 comments:

Mimi said...

I know it is hard to believe right now but someday you will wish to have these days back again.

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't make the mistake of asking if it could get worse. This proves you are learning and becoming more wise. I hope your new week is less challenging and even if it isn't, hey, General Conference this weekend so blessings are in store!

Kristyn said...

I spent the morning in the Principal's office - you aren't alone!