Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I think about blogging, really I do

I think about blogging much more often than I actually have time to blog. Of course now that I have a few minutes, there are so many things floating randomly through my head. So here it goes...

Little Man continues to be Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde. Sunday we were at our cousin's house for Easter dinner and she had a small edd hunt for the kids. Little Man would find an egg, if it was blue it went in his blue basket. If it was any other color he would run over to Bug and say, "This one's for you!!" and plop it in Bug's basket. Little Man ended up with 3 eggs. Bug's basket was full. It was super sweet to watch him be excited to help Bug and to share. Yesterday Zizi took him to the doctor while I was at work. He threw a HUGE fit at the doctor's office, forcing the doctor to restrain him in order to check his chest and throat. He had to call Zizi and the doctor to apologize after I got home from work. Is this normal 3 year old boy behavior?

I've lost count of how many round of antibiotics we have gone through since January. We finished one on Sunday (Little Man) and started another yesterday (Bug). I can't tell you how thankful I am for FREE antibiotics at the local grocery store. There is an end in sight...

As it gets closer to the race day life is getting more hectic. I continue to lower the bar when it comes to house cleaning. I'm embarassed that the babysitter from church saw the monster pile of laundry overtaking my bedroom. Also, a scarf is a wonderful accessory for working moms. Why? Cause when one of the kids wipes his face, dribbles the milk from his bottle, ect. as you are walking out the door (already late) it's easy to grab a scarf to hide it. Not that I've done that. Nope. Not me.

Zizi found a copy of Serenity on dvd for $5. She brought us home a copy. If you haven't seen it, you need to. Nothing like a super hot space cowboy to make your day better, especially when mastermind Joss Whedon is behind it. Start here, then watch the movie. If you end up with a high school style crush on Nathan Fillion when you are done... it's not my fault.

4 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

Goose used to do the same thing at doctor appts. He grew out of it when he went to his four year appointment. He would scream and kick and cling and sob. Now he loves his doctor.

Trish and Matt said...

I think the tantrums are pretty normal. Goose went through it terribly from 2.5 to 4. Four was the magical number for her -- she's been so different ever since then. She still has her moments but they are WAY few and far between. He'll grow out of it!

As for Blue -- his tantrums do not compare (yet) to what Goose experienced ... in terms of frequency or intensity. He's only 2.5 so who knows what the next two years will entail.

Props to you for having him call the dr. to apologize and turning it into a learning moment. What a good mommy you are.

Sarah Kathryn said...

How do you bet free meds?

Megs said...

Um, I love Joss Whedon, and now that I'm watching Buffy (I watched Firefly before Lindsey did, but she definitely had me beat on the amazingness of the Buffy train) I appreciate him even more. Every time I text Lin she sends me affirmations of how much you and she share my extreme love of Giles, among other things, and I just wanted to let you know. :)