Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Things I meant to blog about....

Ready for Spring:
Bug just finished his antibiotics on Sunday and last night I was at the store picking up a prescription for Little Man. We have an appointment with the ENT today for Bug's potential ear tubes and Little Man is on the fast track for a tonsillectomy. The doctor mentioned to me yesterday that between June 2008 and January 2009, Little Man had been healthy, with a capital H! No last minutes trips to the doctor, no antibiotics... just a happy boy. This is his third bout of tonsillitis in 3 months, with it's accompanying high fever and strep test. 5 in year is the magic number for the tonsillectomy and June is still 2 months away. You do the math. I'm ready for the warm weather to get rid of these germs.

Big Boy Day:
Little Man is doing surprisingly well. We have seen some thumb sucking and fingers in his mouth, but the fingers weren't uncommon when he still had the binky. Yesterday, when his fever spiked to 102.6 and he was miserable. He looked at me with that sweet pitiful face and said, "I don't want to be a big boy. I want to be a little baby." It broke my heart. I wanted so badly to grab that pacifier and comfort him. But we were strong. He got lots of cuddles and his blankie. Hopefully, we are both stronger for not giving in.

Discoveries (aka New Things I LOVE):
trouser jeans - I bought a pair for work and L.O.V.E. them. Stacey and Clinton are right. I feel more put together when I wear them, even if I'm just taking the kids to the park. Since they are jeans, I don't worry about the kids getting them dirty. But I can also wear them to work and look professional.
this episode of Yo Gabba Gabba - Jack Black is a genious. Also, I should point out that I HATED this show when I first watched it, but Bug loved it. So I endured and discovered the best kids music EVER. Maybe it's my 80's new wave roots and the "retro" feel of the show. But the $10 I spent on the iTunes download was WELL worth the money.
Joshua Radin - this cd was on sale at amazon for $2 and I needed something new. It's now on repeat with Jack Johnson.
10 Minute Trainer - Wil and I ordered this program from Beachbody. I can't wait for it to be delivered! A program I can wrap my head around, that Wil and I can do together and doesn't require a huge chuck of my time. I might need to get those trouser jeans taken in.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Saturday we went to a Family Fun Fest, a program put on by the United Way for preschool age kids. We were there for the free passes to the super expensive water park. One of the booths there had a dress up station. We walked in and Little Man stood there, unsure of what to do. When the lady started to show him all the options (doctor, fireman, etc.), he saw the guitar. ROCK STAR was the choice of the day. He walked over to the green screen for his picture and it's a classic. I so wish I had a scanner so you could see how awesome it is.

1 comment:

CORYNN AND JER said...

Amen to the trouser jeans. Also, next time let us know when an awesome CD is $2 while it's still on sale! ;)