Friday, April 24, 2009

Potty Training

In case you haven't read, Zee is potty training my Little Man... and it's going really well. She's amazingly patient with him, especially while balancing two other babies. I, on the other hand, am not so great. It's a crazy week at work. The race is in less than a week and yesterday alone I put in a 10 hour day. Learning to balance that with time for the kids, potty training after Zizi leaves, time with Wil, church resposibilities and keeping the apartment clean (which we won't even discuss) has become a bit overwhelming. So. In an effort to get the boys out of the house and have some family time last night, we went for a walk. It wasn't very long, but it got us all out and moving together. Before we ventured out though, there was the long discussion of what to do if we're outside and need to go potty. Of course, with boys that's a lot easier than with girls. And I can't tell you how excited Little Man was when I told him it was ok to pee outside if he needed to "go". He told anyone who would listen,

"I can pee on the grass and on the rocks and on the mud!"
Unfortunately, when the moment came we were too late. But he didn't forget. This morning he woke up and said "Mommy, I want to go outside! I can pee on the rocks and on the grass and on the mud!" It took us a long while to get ready to go outside... breakfast, showers, getting ready for work, morning naps for the babies and Zee was trying to get lunch cooked before I left. When she needed something from downstairs, Little Man started to follow and I heard,
"MOMMY!!! I PEED OUTSIDE!!!"
The only problem was it didn't sound like it was coming from outside. It sounded like it was coming from our stairwell that leads up to the apartment... and it was. He was standing at the top of the stairs, underwear on the floor, having sprayed the wall and staircase. I couldn't help but laugh, to see the utter joy on that kid's face at his "accomplishment". Maybe this will convince my dad to finish those stairs. (pictures to come)
So now I know and you have been warned... make sure to differentiate between outside of the apartment and the true outdoors.
ps. When I finally left for work, Zizi had all the kids outside. Little Man was playing with his trucks in the yard wearing flip flops and having a blast. She's such an awesome Auntie!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I can't wait for the pictures! LOL