Tuesday, May 29, 2007

$1

When will I learn that carrying a $1 in my purse is the key to making it through the grocery store without wanting to cry? All I have to do is make a pit stop in the produce section, buy an apple and it's at least 30 minutes of contentment for Little Man. But no, I think to myself, "It's only a couple things. We'll be quick." And do I regret it by the time there are 3 items or less in the cart...Oh YES. Someone please remind me next time I'm headed to the grocery store to make sure that $1 is in my wallet.

5 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

The next time you go to the grocery store take $1. :) Also play Backyardigans. I pick an episode and play it with Goose. Most of the time we pretend we are secret agents on a mission to get food. Yes, it causes me to chatter non-stop and sometimes duck and hide behind the cart, but it's worth the side looks and snickers that I get from other shoppers.

Lin said...

that kid does love his apples....apple slices and those carts with the cars attached and you can shop for like an hour....

laurenthequeen said...

That's a great idea for when Little Man is older. I don't think he would get it yet.

Amy said...

You are better than us. I grab a doughut at the bakery, break it in half and give each tot a piece. That usually gives me an hour. Apples are much more nutritious. :)

laurenthequeen said...

Hey, if that what works, go for it! Little man hasn't grasped the concept of donuts yet, he would just crumble it into pieces. There would be a Hansel & Gretel trail behind us through the store.