Thursday, July 19, 2007

It died.

We got home tonight after Susie made us a fabulous dinner (it was REALLY nice to not have to cook!), turned on the dryer and NOTHING happened. I think I've mentioned that the dryer in our little ghetto apartment takes 3 hours to dry a normal load of laundry, so I usually turn it on for 105 minutes when I leave the apartment and set it again when I get home. This also means that with the heat it's really hard to squeeze in more than one load in a day. But it looks like today it gave up the ghost, it's not making a peep. Maybe I should be sad, but even the prospect of 2 weeks without a dryer isn't phasing me right now. That could be because I was on my last load of the week. It is however a bit upsetting to Wil. Mostly because if we have to make a trip the the laundromat, he'll be the one schlepping all of our clothes. I don't think this is going to happen. I think we can get a small drying rack, set it in front of our big glass doorway and the clothes will dry faster than they did in the old dryer... with the added plus that it won't heat up the apartment. The even bigger bonus? We should have a brand new dryer to use the last couple months that we're here!

No comments: