Friday, July 25, 2008

The Silver Lining

Sometimes it's hard to live SO close to my parents. Really. Hard. Then there are days when I wonder how we would survive any other way.

Last night was a rough night. I couldn't sleep. Bug was up a couple times. And both the boys decided to be up for the day at 6am. I am not a morning person by any means and was really struggling. I'm getting spoiled with Wil at home and being able to sleep until 7:30 or 8, while he keeps Little Man occupied. But we had already made plans for Wil to go to the temple today, so I was on my own. Wil got a later start than we had planned and I was grateful for an extra hour of sleep. So with both boys up, we started the daily arguments. They sound a little like this:
"Nunie is for sleeping. Put it away or go take a nap." "Please don't (insert verb here) your brother. I said no. 1. 2...". "Give Bug the toy. Those are Bug's toys. Where are your toys?" You get the idea.

So when Little Man asked to call Grandpa, I was thrilled to have something to distract him with. I was surprised when he asked Grandpa to take him for a ride in his vroom vroom. Even more surprised when Grandpa said YES! Oh happy day! My rough morning turned into a nice quiet one. Bug is asleep. Little Man is going to get stone and see the big trucks with Grandpa. Wil is at the temple. And me? I'm going to take a nice long shower.

No comments: