Thursday, July 31, 2008

This is for AHP

Since your dinner dilemma the other night I realized I haven't shared my latest discovery. I bought a bunch of canned chicken and have been trying to stretch our budget. This is what we came up with:

Super Easy Chicken Quesadillas
1 can of chicken
Salsa (whatever you have on hand)
Taco sauce - to taste
shredded cheese
tortillas or wraps

Mix the canned chicken with salsa and taco sauce until it's a consistency you like (I use about a soup spoonful of each.) Fill tortillas with chicken and cheese and heat till melted.

We use a medium salsa and a mild taco sauce, but Little Man likes spicy so it isn't a problem. I've made these with whole wheat, jalapeno cheddar and even sundried tomato wraps. They all tasted good. It's perfect when I need something easy. Little Man gobbles them up and Wil is happy with them too. Plus it's all stuff that I keep on hand.

Hope you like it!

1 comment:

Sarah Kathryn said...

I really like this idea! It sounds fast and easy. Flash and I have a lot of canned chicken and sometimes I run out of ideas.

Once I did a stir fry with potatoes, rice, broccoli, the can chicken, curry and some other seasonings that I can't think of off the top of my head.