Tuesday, June 26, 2007

All hands on deck

A friend from church called at 9:30 last night when he realized that his wife was out of town and his parents had missed a return flight from their vacation, leaving him without anyone to watch the kids today. I immediately said that I could, they have come to our rescue more times than I can count. So today I had 5 kids! We had frozen cinnamon rolls for breakfast, played at the park, had lunch at McDonald's (cause my mom offered to treat and I could use it as a reward for good behavior), and they even got ice cream. By the time we got back to the house Nana and Papa were home. They invited Adam and I to stay and swim and I negotiated a trade - dinner for more time in the pool. Nana doesn't cook so I knew it wouldn't be too hard to convince her. All in all it was a really good day - and I am completely exhausted.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, you are a saint! Sounds like you handled it like a total champ. Five kids? That's a handful. I think I would have been hyper-ventilating by lunchtime, for sure!