Monday, June 18, 2007

AWOL

You may wonder where I have been hiding this weekend. Unfortunately, it's been at home with a yucky summer cold and a cough that just won't go away. There are a few things of note that happened while I was wanting so badly to rest....

PEANUT THE DESTROYER
The bugs are back. While trying to get at least one healthy meal in my family this weekend I discovered that our food cupboard was infested with little tiny ants. I found them when I opened not just one corn bread mix that was FULL of the little suckers, but 3 of them. That was when I got to clean out all of our food cupboards, hit them with ant spray and then with lysol wipes. Once that was done and I was sitting in the big chair ready to pass out, I realized that little man's car rug was moving on it's own. There were more ants! Bigger than the tiny ones in the cupboard and black. So much for resting... out came the vacuum, mop and bug spray. TWO HOURS from when I started making dinner, I was done. It makes me tired again just thinking about it.

I CAN FLY, I CAN FLY, I CAN FLY
Little man tried twice this weekend to prove that he could fly, both in less than 24 hours. Thursday night while I was folding clothes in the bedroom, he put a blanket over his head and walked off of the end of the bed, bounced off the trunk and landed on the floor. All of this before my brain even registered what he was doing.

Friday Wil had the day off and we were getting ready to take our little man to Grandma's house. Wil and I were on either side of the bed. Little man was with Wil on the far side of the bed when he decided that he wanted me instead. So he ran to the edge of the bed, stopped, and leaned forward for me to catch him. Unfortunately, I was fixing my hair and had my back to the bed. This time he landed head first on the industrial flooring (think hospital, public school, etc.). Grandma then ended up being on concussion watch that evening. And we were really lucky there wasn't anything more than a bump.

I thought flying didn't start until they were older...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, my goodness, you have a BOY on your hands! I'm glad he's okay. Aren't ants just the most obnoxious little creepy crawlie? I still vote for some pest control at your house, compliments of the landlady :)

Heidi Totten said...

Wow, he's leaping a bit early! I found Clara sitting on the kitchen table today. Maybe we can hook them up!