Friday, June 8, 2007

my dilemma

Since becoming a Mommy, I have faced the dilemma of what the HEE HAW to do with my hair. Between the loss of time and income, I never know what to do. I feel guilty for spending the money on regular cuts, then rarely feel like I look nice... not even some semblance of looking put together like I used to. So in December I decided to try a perm. It hasn't been as scary as I thought it would be and has been really quick and easy. I can shower and be ready in 30 to 45 minutes, which is a fraction of what it used to be. For the most part I have been happy with it and even felt like it looked nice. But now it has been 6 months. I'm at the point where the perm has grown out just enough to be REALLY annoying and again I rarely feel like it looks good. So now I'm back to my original dilemma... do I cut my hair the way I like it, knowing that it will double the time it takes me to get ready in the morning? Do I keep pulling it back into barrettes or ponytails and feeling like I look like a train wreck? I know this is so inconsequential in the big scheme of things, but I just want to feel pretty again!


ps. this is the cut that I like:

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lauren, you have such a beautiful face and amazing smile that it doesn't matter what your hair looks like!

Amy said...

I wanna feel pretty again, too!! I'm having the same issue. Oh, how I miss Dante! I have resorted to going to Totally Clips (equivalent of Fantastic Sam's), and have been horribly disappointed EVERY, SINGLE TIME! This last time she took a huge chunk out of the bottom of it on one side, but not the other. I look like an idiot, but have no money to go back and repair the botched job. I LOVE that haircut and I can totally picture it on you! Could you ask them when you go get it done if they can tweak it for a "busy mom lifestyle"? Let us know what you decide!

Heidi Totten said...

oh Honey, same dilemma here! I mean, the last time I got my hair cut was last December. It drives me insane and I'm in the same boat - no time and no extra money to do the stuff I would like to. I love the picture and would love to do something similar. I think it would look fabulous on you! Cool that you got a perm - I have been thinking about doing the same thing.

laurenthequeen said...

Ames, that stinks! You should call the manager and tell them. A salon should fix something like that for no charge.

Amy said...

I know, I should have gone back to have it fixed, but you know me...passive and non-confrontational. Two words: Dave Karvelas

Amy said...

Um...is the Heather on this post one HEATHER HOSFORD WEST?

laurenthequeen said...

Just thinking about Dave Karvelas made me laugh out loud.