Friday, June 22, 2007

The Queen's Burger

I promised last week that I would fill you in on my attempt at RR's Chicken Saltimbocca Burgers. But who knew that sage was a very important ingredient in Saltimbocca... not me. So with all the ingredients I had handy, we had the following burgers for dinner:

1 lb. ground turkey
1 big handful of grated parmesan cheese
1 palmful of italian seasoning
pinch or so of sweet basil
1/2 palmful of montreal steak seasoning
1/4 of an sweet yellow onion - grated

Fry in skillet with olive oil about 6 minutes on each side. Top with one slice of deli ham and one slice of provolone cheese. Serve on top of cheesy garlic toast with a side salad (we used a bag of ceasar). (Makes 4 good sized burgers)

Huge success!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ooooh, they look delicious. Sage always reminds me a bit too much of Thanksgiving. I love it on turkey in November, but in June? I think you made the right choice. It looks delicious!

Heidi Totten said...

Yum, they sound fabulous!