Monday, June 25, 2007

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream

About a month ago my new doctor took me off of dairy - milk, yogurt, ICE CREAM, etc. It wasn't too bad until the last week or so. On Saturday we went to Friendly's for lunch with my Grandparents. Friendly's is big on the east coast and has been a staple in our family for years. Grandad only buys Friendly's brand ice cream. When we were little, they would bring us take home sundaes that were FABULOUS. Now we LOVE the Wattamelon Rolls in the summer (lime and raspberry sherbet layered to look like a watermelon with chocolate chip "seeds"). The food is great too. I was good on Saturday and didn't order dessert. But now I'm dying for a nice big bowl of ice cream or a big slice of Wattamelon Roll.

3 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

Why did your doc take you off all that stuff? Are you allergic?

Amy said...

Ohhh, how I wish you could fed-ex a Friendly's Reece's Pieces Peanut Butter Sundae to me (packed in dry ice, of course)! That's so strange you should mention Friendly's. Oh, how I've missed it. I've been thinking about it for over a month! I'm salivating all over my keyboard. Couldn't you eat a wattamelon roll on your dairy diet? Is sherbet considered ice cream?

laurenthequeen said...

I mentioned to the doc that I wanted to get off of my sinus meds if at all possible. No dairy was his first reaction, but it doesn't seem to be making a difference. Hopefully that means that I'll be back on the cow in a few more weeks. Oh and the first ingredient in sherbet is MILK. The 4th one is cream. Ben & Jerry's sorbet is ok, but just not the same when you are craving REAL ice cream.